Have you ever heard of a gravity bong? If not, then let me tell you it is a DIY method to satisfy your smoking pinch or consume cannabis. You can take your smoking to the next level by using a gravity bong. This gives you not only a better high, but less THC is wasted. A gravity bong is also famous with other names such as bucket bong, geeb, geebie, hookah, jib, and various local names. You can easily make gravity bongs at home and require a few items. Gravity bong constructive items are usually available at home. However, smoking plastic fumes is harmful and it's recommended to use an all glass gravity bong.
What Is a Gravity Bong? What Is a Geeb?
The basic idea behind a gravity bong is that it uses the power of gravity to collect, hold and concentrate your smoke until you’re ready to take a hit. It still uses water, but not in the same way as the classic variety of bongs. Your original-recipe bong uses water to cool the smoke before you inhale it, whereas the geeb uses water to create a vacuum to keep all the smoke in the same place.
The basic construction of a geeb consists of a smaller bottle or container inside a larger one filled with water. A lot of cannabis afficionados swear by them because the higher concentration of smoke means each hit packs a wallop. That’s because you’re getting pretty much the entire bowl’s worth of herb in a single pull. Experienced smokers who know what they’re doing can really get the most out of this equipment.
How Does a Gravity Bong Work?
Now that you know what a geeb is, here’s how to use a gravity bong: The smaller bottle should have your fully packed bowl at the top. You place the small bottle inside the larger one and fill the larger container with water so that the smaller one is covered up to its neck. As you light the bowl, pull upward on the smaller bottle slowly and gently. This creates a vacuum between the water and the neck, which fills with the smoke.
Once there’s enough smoke in the chamber, you pull out the bowl and push down on the smaller bottle while inhaling. This pushes out all of the smoke right into your lungs.
Why Use a Gravity Bong?
There are a number of reasons it may be a good idea to learn how to make a simple gravity bong. For one, they make sure you get the most bang for your buck from your weed. The higher concentration of smoke means you’re wasting very little THC compared to other methods of smoking. This can save you money on your bud while also giving you the most powerful high.
Although knowing how to put together a geeb can be a good skill to have, it’s not exactly something you want to take with you on the road, due to how fragile they can be. That is why you might want to consider buying one of Gleeb’s glass gravity bong kits. These come with everything you need, and they’re made from solid materials so you can take them anywhere you want to go. Their discreet design also makes them ideal to use in places where you may not want to let the world know you’re having a nice time. Because it’s made from glass, you also avoid the possibility of inhaling toxic chemicals from plastic along with your smoke.
How to Make A Homemade Gravity Bong
You can easily construct it home and require the following things.
- An medium sized plastic bottle with narrow opening
- Sharp scissors to cut plastic
- A large pot ( to fill water)
- Metal ratchet piece, socket, geeb piece
- First of all, you need to cut the bottle into two halves. You only require only the top half of the bottle, and the rest of the half you can throw in the bin.
- For this step, you can use the real down stem and bowel. You just need to drill a hole into the bottle top cap. There is a DIY alternative too.
- Cut aluminum foil into a square, fold it in, give it more thickness, and gently press the aluminum foil by putting it on the bottle top.
- Prick the aluminum foil by using a toothpick and create several holes
- Now it is time to fill your pot with fresh water. Fill water carefully and don’t overfill the bowel or pot; otherwise, it will spill when you push the bottle down while smoking. Add pinch of cannabis in your bowl and it is better to use grounded cannabis. Hold the DIY smoke apparatus and slowly shove it down into the water bowel.
- Keep the geeb waterlogged and fire the cannabis. After ignition Smoke will start to produce. This smoke will gently lift the bottle up from the water. This process buildup a vacuum and smoke gather round in the empty bottle.
Ready to Inhale
Lift the bottle up and pull all the smoke into the down bottle, but lifting should not fully emerge from the liquid. It’s time to smoke, dear. Put your mouth on the bottle, and tenderly remove the down stem and bowl. Gently push the bottle back again into the water, and this will force the smoke up from the bottle and straight come into your lungs.
Things to Keep in Mind and Smoking Tips
- If you are first time use of gravity bong, you can choke as there is a lot of smoke produced by the DIY method.
- Gravity bong gives you a concentrated dose, so Start by only inhaling a little of the smoke. Adjust the dose that doesn't harm or choke you
- You can dilute the water with ice if the smoke is too intense to handle. In this way, you can enjoy your smoke with a less drastic high.
- You can use hash oil too in your gravity bong for a higher effect.
Undoubtedly, a DIY gravity bong is an economical way to enjoy your cannabis. It provides a better smoking experience and more time to enjoy. You can easily make it using utilities available at home, but don't forget to keep the above-mentioned things in mind to avoid any inconvenience.